[mythtv-users] problem selecting quality in CD import

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 1 15:51:07 EDT 2004

On Friday 01 October 2004 15:09, John Andersen wrote:
> On Friday 01 October 2004 10:48, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> > All keybindings are generally configurable via MythWeb (under
> > 'Settings').  The 'Global' context would apply to the CD ripping
> > screen, I believe.  If you didn't know that, then I'm guessing you
> > haven't changed them, and the defaults should work just fine...
>
> Thanks...  (Mythweb seems an odd place to set these, is there
> not another place (text file or something - I seem to remember
> selecting one specific to my remote control).

You might be confusing Myth's keybindings with your LIRC configuration.

It goes like this:

1. /etc/lircd.conf:	maps IR remote codes -> LIRC remote key strings
2. ~/.mythtv/lircrc:	maps LIRC remote key strings -> LIRC config strings
3. myth LIRC processing: maps LIRC config strings to Qt key codes
4. myth UI processing: maps Qt key codes -> myth UI actions

Changing the keybindings in MythWeb only changes item #4.

> At least two of us have found that there is a problem
> with this specific area of mythmusic (setting quality - or more
> specifically, getting out of the quality fields).

I just checked my setup (running CVS from 9/13) and it's working just
fine.  I'm not saying that you're not experiencing a problem, but it's
more likely something to do with your Qt version or your keyboard
configuration than with Myth itself.

-JAC