FW: [mythtv-users] Xbox reading CD-R vs. DVD-R (was:Converting aTiVO Series 2 to a Myth Box?)

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Tue Nov 30 15:06:21 UTC 2004

I was never able to get CD-RW to work with my Thompson drive and only a
couple of brands of CD-R would work with it.  I seem to recall that
there is a
website around out there in cyberspace with a list of recommended CD-R media
to use with the crappy Thompson drive, but...I don't recall the site or
the URL.

If I recall correctly, the only CD-R's that would work with mine were brands
that had an opaque backing as opposed to a transparent backing (TDK if I
recall correctly).  NOTE - I don't use the XBOX anymore because mine was
such a piece of crap.  It kept fragging and I was constantly rebuilding
the disk
and reloading linux and Myth.

Eventually I got fed up and paid $75 for a used 733 MHz P3 system from
Ebay and haven't had a single problem since.

Paul Kidwell wrote:

> [...]

Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown