[mythtv-users] Re: very interested in building my own pvr

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 05:00:38 UTC 2004

> > The HD-x000 card does the HDTV (ATSC) capture.  The PVR-x50 does
> > low-definition capture (NTSC).  They're completely separate signals.
> > Generally you want both cards, assuming you want to record both HDTV and
> > regular TV.
>
> Is pcHDTV-x000 card dependent on PVR-x50 cards when recording HDTV signals?
> I know you mentioned that they're separate. Or is it the software that
> records the capture to disk?

pcHDTV-x000 is a capture card for a computer
PVR-350 is another indivual card for that, they both provide a stream
of mpeg2 data in which to capture them you essentially just send to a
file on the hard drive. the software to record this only really needs
to copy the file being constantly sent from these cards to the hard
drive making the backend requirements (recording computer) every lite