[mythtv-users] No black bars with 1280x1024?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Nov 30 03:08:19 UTC 2004

> how can I use a 5:4 resolution with myth (1280x1024)? The myth GUI
> is always fullscreened, LiveTV *always* has black rows. I've just tried
> the latest cvs version, I've also set the GUI width to 1280 and the GUI
> Height to 1024, then I 've selected USE GUI SIZE FOR TV PLAYBACK but
> nothing helped.

Have you tried checked the DisplaySize in your X config?  Set it to something
that's a 4:3 ratio and it might get rid of those black bars.  Myth checks
what X thinks is the display ratio of your screen and will calculate the
size of the black bars (if any are needed) based on what it thinks is the
aspect ratio (DisplaySize) and height/width (in pixels) of your screen.

--

Chris