[mythtv-users] Adding an xmltv grabber

Eggert Thorlacius eggi at menandmice.com
Mon Nov 29 22:14:03 UTC 2004

Hello

I am trying to add an XML grabber for Iceland to MythTV.  So far, I can
run my grabber to output its XML to a file and then run
"mythfilldatabase --file 1 0 mydata.xml" which reads it into the
database.  However, I would like to integrate it completely into
MythTV, i.e. make it visible in the mythtvsetup menus and make the
backend run mythfilldatabase automatically, instead of from a cron job.
  Is there any documentation on how to do this?  Is the preconfigured
list of grabbers in mythtvsetup compiled into the program or is it
defined in an XML file?

My grabber is very simple, it just grabs all the data for the four main
icelandic channels in XML format from a website, postprocesses it a bit
and then writes it out.  It has no "--configure", "--days" or
"--offset" parameters like the other grabbers.  Does mythfilldatabase
actually use those?  I suppose I could implement them, but I really
don't see the need since there aren't that many channels and the
website only publishes data for the next five days.

Regards,
Eggert Thorlacius