[mythtv-users] nvidia driver issue with custom kernel

Brad brad at bradandkim.net
Mon Nov 29 18:32:51 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 11:18, charlesrandle at cwjamaica.com wrote:
> You can rebuild your kernel as you desire but you need yo ensure that the actual name of the kernel does not change , I believe that this is defined in the top level makefile of the kernel source.
>
> I know this is not ideal as you would like, in the event of problems, to be able to revert to your original kernel, but I've recompiled my kernel with new features and was still able to utilize kernel packages from ATrpms/freshrpms etc and not changing the name of the kernel ( output you get when you execute "uname -r") gave me success.
>
> Cheers,
> Charles

I was hoping someone would say that so I don't have to rebuild
a bunch if driver RPMs.  I guess I will need to play around with
that Makefile to get the kernel name to stay the same.  It should
be safe enough...all I did was change the serial port to a module.
Everything else is just the way Axel had it configured.

Thanks,

Brad