[mythtv-users] Re: Mythbackend error on FC2 and/or FC3 and cx88

Martin Forssen maf at tkrat.org
Mon Nov 29 16:39:59 UTC 2004

On 28 Nov, Marc Fielding wrote:
> On the latest CVS version of MythTV, however, I get the same
> VIDIOCMCAPTURE0 errors you are seeing;  I assume some change since
> September 12 has broken cx88 support again.  For you MythTV gurus: is
> there a way to get historical CVS snapshots to try and identify which
> change broke cx88 support?  And are there any reports of actually
> working 0.16+ MythTV setups?

There is a thread on mythtv-dev called "How to make sure v4l2 is being
used (compile flag?)" which talks about this issue. Basically I found
that you need to remove line 875 'using_v4l2 = false' of
libs/libmythtv/NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp

After that fix it works better. I am still not satisfied though and will
look further into it.

	/MaF