[mythtv-users] New hauppauge remote and menu navigation

Dennis Oelkers dennis at lauschmusik.de
Mon Nov 29 15:26:24 UTC 2004

Dan Ferris wrote:

>You'll have to manually edit your lircrc file with the output that the
>irw program gives you.
>
>I've never done it, but i can point you in the right direction.

That was not his point. His question was not how to set it up, but if
it's possible to assign
functions to switch directly to specific menus (Watch Video, Listen to
Music, Watch TV, ...) to certain
buttons on the remote, a question I had asked myself in the past too.

My point so far was "no". But maybe some of the more enlightened readers
of this list will point out a way
to accomplish this.

Kind regards,
                Dennis Oelkers