[mythtv-users] Niveus remote with lirc

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Nov 29 11:54:01 UTC 2004

On Nov 29, 2004, at 2:51 AM, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:

> Does anyone have this remote?

No, but I do like it...

> http://store.niveusmedia.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.2/it.A/id.4/.f
>
> It's a bit pricier than the MCE remote, but it's dual
> function IR/RF is relatively inexpensive for such a
> good looking remote.  Before I go buying one I wanted to
> see if anyone else had experience with it.
>
> If you do have it, does it work with lirc?  It says it's programmable,
> and since it does IR as well as RF, I'm thinking it should work
> just fine.

That remote looks damned near identical to the ATi Remote Wonder, usb
RF interface to the computer and all, so I'd venture a guess that it
works with the same driver setup (or could, with minor adjustments). It
appears to be the same remote, with the universal part added on, which
(IMO) makes it a far more useful remote than ATi's, at least for many
Myth users (my universal controls four other devices besides my Myth
box).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com