[mythtv-users] Poweroff command not being executed

Craig Pearce S2007823 at student.rmit.edu.au
Mon Nov 29 02:58:14 UTC 2004

Hi,

Both frontend and backend are on the same machine. When shutting down frontend, the halt command is
simply not being executed :(

crpearce_at_no_spam_dot_rmit.edu.au at cs.rmit.edu.au wrote:

>Hi. In the setup I tried enabling a shutdown key (CTRL+ESC) and a halt command of: /usr/bin/sudo /sbin/halt -p...When CTRL+ESC is pressed, I'm prompted whetherto exit, hit "OK" and mythfrontend closes but the machine is not shut down. Thesame user who started mythfrontend can execute the sudo halt command and it shuts down. Any clues why it doesn't work in myth?

Craig Pearce                                                 .---.
                                                            /     \
http://www.cs.rmit.edu.au/~crpearce                         \. at -@./
crpearce at cs.rmit.edu.au     GPG Public Key ID: 5D9362F5     /`\_/`\
RMIT, City Campus   Melbourne, Aus.                        //  _  \\
 Ph. D. Student (Privacy & Security)                       | \     )|_
Head Tutor: Network Security                 Powered by  /`\_`>  <_/ \
                                         Gentoo/OpenBSD  \__/'---'\__/