[mythtv-users] Raid question for myth box

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Sun Nov 28 07:32:03 UTC 2004

Very true, I did this recently myself when recovering a RAID1 array.
ANY block capable device can be part of the array.  However, in general
it is recommended for best performance to use similar capacity, latency
and transfer speed devices for optimal performance, otherwise your top
speed is gated by your slowest member device.

The other thing I forgot to mention vs all other types of RAID is that
Linux is the only RAID system which lets you move drives between systems
seamlessly.  This feature alone makes Linux RAID incredibly robust.

Yan