[mythtv-users] New Australian XMLTV grabber

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Sun Nov 28 07:08:16 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 07:20, Michael Cheshire (Mailing Lists) wrote:
> Actually there were several more spelling mistakes..
>
> Woops :)

Hi,

Made some more changes.

It now converts & -> & and " -> " to fix some display issues.
There is also an option to convert all & to 'and' to fix cases where
names change week to week.  "The Bold and the Beautiful" does this, not
that I watch "The Bold & the Beautiful".

I believe tv_grab_au also now handles 0:00 to 6:00 correctly.  And it
deletes the last 7 days in the cache.  It can miss some if not run for
more then 7 days.

Todo
- read / write config (could save alot of setup stuff in top of file)
- two different region codes
- do partial updates when day changes
- do updates when data for program changes (title2 and description)

The last todo is the most annoying because programs aren't recorded when
title2 and description are the same as last week.  My only thought on
who to fix is to download everything each day or maybe only today.  Any
suggestions?

Paul