[mythtv-users] Seg faulting with atrpm-kickstart 23, not 25

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sat Nov 27 14:13:46 UTC 2004

I just wanted to report a strange problem with ATrpms.

When I was installing Myth for a friend of mine, I attempted
to do an apt-get update using kickstart-23, and just got
a segmentation fault when running apt-get update &&
apt-get dist-upgrade, right when apt was moving from
the release stage to "Reading package lists."

I moved up to kickstart-25, and stopped getting this problem.
But (there's always a "but"), now I get an error when attempting
to upgrade yum.   Apt-get is reporting a conflict with /etc/yum.conf.
Moving yum.conf out of the way doesn't fix the problem.
I get "file yum.conf from atrpms-package-config-83 conflicts with
file from yum-2.0.7-1.1.  I thought I just saw something about
going from 83 to 82 fixed the problem, but I don't see how
when doing apt-get update I can tell apt-get to not upgrade
to 83.  Oddly enough, apt-get reports that "yum" is the only
package that will be kept back.

Paul