[mythtv-users] PVR-350, ivtv-osd application sending too much data /var/log/messages

Andrew Plumb aplumb at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 04:17:05 UTC 2004

Hi Everyone,

Every once in a while I get some ivtv-osd related messages in my
/var/log/messages, after which I have to reboot the machine because my
PVR-350 output isn't responding any more:

mythtv kernel: ivtv-osd: OSD: Your Application is sending too much data 1382400

...and according to the log, that message is being repeated hundreds
of times per second; about 14498 times per minute, give or take.

This was during the day, when no one was using the machine, so it was
idle on one of the regular MythTV frontend menus (no visible
thumbnails working in the background or anything like that.  The
backend continued to record without any issues, so this looks like
it's strictly a PVR-350 output issue.

Any clues as to what might be causing this and how I might be able to
fix or workaround the problem some other way than a full reboot?

As always, this is standard Fedora Core 2, using atrpms.net and
Jarod's guide to set up on an Epia M10K board.

Thoughts?

Andrew.

--

If you don't know what to do, do something.