[mythtv-users] Errors during setup

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Fri Nov 26 23:54:30 UTC 2004

I dont know what it is, but MythTV just doesnt like me/my system.

Current problem:  When I go into ./setup, and get to the place where
you pull data from Zap2it, pushing the button gets an immediate return.

When you finally exit setup, you see the following error messages in
the window that you ran it from:

---

2004-11-26 16:30:48 Fetching lineups from DataDirect service...
--16:30:48--  http://datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com/tvlistings/xtvdService
           => `-'
Resolving datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com... 206.18.98.160
Connecting to datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com[206.18.98.160]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
Connecting to datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com[206.18.98.160]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
Authorization failed.
If this is the master backend server:
Now, please run 'mythfilldatabase' to populate the database
with channel information.

---

If you run mythfilldatabase as requested, you get more of the same, with
never a '200 OK'.

So it NEVER connected to the server.

And YES I gave the username/password to setup when I was asked, and Ive
done this several times now so I DIDNT  mistype.  And YES I can go to
Zap2it with Mozilla and connect with this username/password.

If I had to point my finger at something, I would point it at the database
itself, but who knows...

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com