[mythtv-users] lirc_serial woes

Phill Edwards phill_edwards at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 05:55:42 UTC 2004

Have you added a line for lirc_serial to /etc/modprobe.conf? I believe this
needs to go at or near the top of the file (don't know why).

Are you sure that a module has been created for it? Go to /lib/modules/<your
kernel version num> and do a find for lirc_serial.ko (or something like
that) to make sure that it's been compiled as a module.

Also, you need to ensure that /dev/lirc is a symbolic link to /dev/ttyS0
(assuming you're on the 1st serial port).

Then when you run /sbin/modprobe lirc_serial you should be able to see
something about it loading either on the screen or in /var/log/messages.

I don't _think_ you should need to download and compile lirc - it should all
work with the ATRpms. But then I haven't got this working yet either so I'm
no expert!

Regards,
Phill