[mythtv-users] MythTV Listings in Jamaica from tvguide.com

charlesrandle at cwjamaica.com charlesrandle at cwjamaica.com
Thu Nov 25 15:59:12 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I'm a novice to mythtv and I am trying to get it working here in Jamaica. However , I'm having problems with listings.tvguide.com has listings for my cable provider as I can login to their site and see the listings , question is :
1) How do I pull the listings from the site for use by myth tv ?

I also have other issues unrelated to listings detailed below:

1) I am using composite input from a STB and some channels (the movie channels e.g. HBO,CINEMAX, etc ) have a black bar to the left of the screen. How do I get rid of this ?

2) I can't get mythtv to automatically start my DVD player software (xine) when I insert a DVD disc. How do I get this working ?

Any help regading these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Charles Randle