[mythtv-users] Dual-tuner in Pundit-R IRQ problems

mythtv at heisterberg.dk mythtv at heisterberg.dk
Thu Nov 25 13:44:26 UTC 2004

As a matter of fact both cutting and a little bending was involved... :-)
I have cut the metal-thingy that extends from the top of the case about
half way down (length-wise) and folded it up. I plan to use a metal-saw
and cut it away entirely since I don't think the case will have problems
closing without it.

As for heat problems I had no heat problems with only one tuner, though I
must admit that the box hasn't been running that long. You are making me a
little nervous here... :-) The heat may not be a problem if I have to
switch case and mobo due to the irq issue. We'll have to see.

/lekkim

Dennis Oelkers <dennis at lauschmusik.de>
Sent by: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
25-11-2004 11:30
Please respond to
Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [mythtv-users] Dual-tuner in Pundit-R IRQ problems

mythtv at heisterberg.dk wrote:

> Anyone using two tuners (in my case 1 x PVR-250 and 1 x PVR-350) in an
> Asus Pundit-R ?
>
> I'm having problems with the IRQ of the graphics card (ATI IXP) being
> assigned the same IRQ as the second tuner (at IRQ 5). I am having no
> luck reserving IRQ's in the BIOS.
>
> Does anyone know of a software solution to force the graphics driver
> (ATI closed source 3.12.0) or a Hauppauge card to use a specific IRQ ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> /lekkim

Sorry that I do not have a solution to your problem, but one thing that
irritates me is that
you have managed to put 2 pvr in a pundit-r. Didn't you had any problems
regarding the
heat in the case? (I have thermal problems with only 1 PVR-350)
Did you had to bend or cut the case in some way so both cards would fit
in?

Kind regards,
             Dennis Oelkers