[mythtv-users] XF4.3.0 too slow for HDTV? (was BadAlloc)

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Nov 25 03:58:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 08:52:58PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As part of some of my testing for HDTV, I decided to try playback of
> Jarod's clip.  I received a blank screen, but got this in my
> .xsession-errors:

I switched to the standard 4.3.0 driver, which works fine.  However, it
uses about twice the CPU as fglrx for playback, and I still can't watch
HDTV without some stuttering.  Strange thing is that the CPU usage
never exceeds 40-60%.

I tried playing with settings in my XF86Config-4.  Setting the AGP mode
to 4x maybe helped a bit, though if I tried to turn on fast writes,
starting up X would either cause a hang or immediate reboot.

-- John