[mythtv-users] Unichrome support at ATrpms

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Nov 24 20:45:35 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 14:12, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 November 2004 09:26, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 08:42:07AM -0800, Joe Votour wrote:
> > > I was actually thinking about that last night...  While I can't host
> > > RPMs myself if I build them (not enough bandwidth on my hosting
> > > account), I could certainly assist in building them for you (if I
> > > have a normal MythTV spec file, and once I read up on packaging
> > > RPMs).
> >
> > I would place them on ATrpms, of course :)
>
> I've already got spec files (mostly) ready to go. :-)
>
> > > One thing that I haven't tried yet is a cross-compile (i.e. compile
> > > the code on a more powerful machine, like an Athlon XP or Pentium 4,
> > > and then try to run it on the Epia) - if that works, it would give
> > > me a faster build platform (building on a 1GHz Epia is slow! - and
> > > can't be done while watching recordings, unlike on a faster
> > > machine).
> >
> > For the Nehemiah use -march=i686 -msse -mmmx -mfpmath=sse
>
> This is a bit of an issue... There are different variants of the EPIA
> boards floating around, some of which are busted and requires i586. Grr...
> But yeah, building on another machine isn't a big deal.

Just posted a spec file for a unichrome xvmc cvs myth build on atrpms-devel.
Even builds fine on my dual Athlon. Not sure yet how things are going to be
handled with these packages though, because you can only have one XvMC type
and this build conflicts with the main nVidia XvMC-enabled build on
ATrpms[1]...

[1] While working on this unichrome build, I uncovered the reason why nVidia
XvMC doesn't work in the ATrpms builds, and have sent Axel the one-line fix
to enable it. I can now select and enable XvMC on my HDTV box, but it
performs like crap (locks the frontend when skipping around in HDTV content)
compared to plain old Xv.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com