[mythtv-users] System Crashes after 30 seconds of recording

Kip Haynes kip at kiphaynes.com
Wed Nov 24 19:23:53 UTC 2004

Help! After about 3 weeks spent on getting my cheap $30 saa7134 card to
work in linux and setting up all the frequency tables correctly in the
mythconverge database, my system crashes and sometimes reboots after
about 30 seconds of recording. Also the audio has a lot of crackling in
live and recorded shows, I tried using the aggressive buffering setting,
as well as variations of both video codecs. I'm using a crappy SAA7134
card. CPU usage remains low. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

My System: Athlon 1.2 Ghz, Fedora Core2, 512 MB, GeForce4 Video, Via
chipset?

Kip