[mythtv-users] Compact flash setup

Adam Felson a.f.6 at pobox.com
Wed Nov 24 14:45:19 UTC 2004

For the backend you're going to have a huge drive that'll be
read/written to every few seconds.  It's senseless to put your OS on
compact flash.  The core of the running OS will be in main memory anyway
as will your running applications.

CF only makes sense for a frontend only system and for that you'll want
either a 1-2GB card, or have a major part of your file system on a
remote NFS drive.

Adam Felson <a.f.6 at pobox.com>