[mythtv-users] Closed Captioning

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 14:34:08 UTC 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:52:58 -0500, Brian Meehan <bmeehan at rescueteam.com> wrote:
> I'm curious how Myth handles CC info. How does the stream come in? Is it
> encoded in the video signal, or is it text that accompanies it? I would like
> to be able to save off the CC text to a file along with each show. Has
> anybody tried this before? I saw a post from last year about this time on
> the mailing list, but it seems like it never got off the ground.

I have no idea, but if you figure it out, make sure to post.

I know that there's been an idea floating around to use CC info to
better the commercial detection. I think the idea is to create a
database of known commercials based on the CC data of the commercials.

Cheers,
Lane

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003