[mythtv-users] The dreaded mythtv-suite - mythdvd problem

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Nov 24 09:00:54 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 23:32, Joe Votour wrote:
> I take it that you're using Fedora Core 3 (that's what
> it looks like from the copy/paste that you put below).

Looks that way to me too.

> If that is the case, then you won't be able to install
> mythdvd (or maybe even mythtv-suite).

Correct. Well, mostly. See below...

> Please search the archives!

I second that. :-)

> Had you searched, then
> you would have found this message (among probably
> others):
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/95326?search_string=myth
>dvd%20fedora%20core%203;#95326
>
> If I recall correctly, the situation is that the new
> gcc in Fedora Core 3 doesn't want to compile MythDVD,
> so there's no RPM until that is fixed.

Actually, its that avifile, a dependency of transcode, which is a dependency
of mythdvd won't compile with gcc 3.4 in FC3. The way around things at the
moment is to use all the FC2 packages, or install all the FC3 components but
mythdvd one by one. I believe Axel was going to roll an avifile using gcc 3.3
from FC3's compat-gcc package to compile avifile, then try the rest with the
native gcc 3.4.

> --- Declan Shanaghy <declan at shanaghy.com> wrote:
> > I have seen on the net people having problems
> > installing mythtv-suite and receiving an error about
> > mythdvd.
[...]

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE