[mythtv-users] New HD3000 drivers

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Nov 23 16:07:39 UTC 2004

On 11/23/2004 9:27 AM, John Goerzen wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 08:45:13AM -0500, David George wrote:
>

>>I just got my HD3000 in last night.  I'm working on it now and should be
>>able to post a patch in a few days (schedule is a little tight right
>>now).  I may work on making the driver a patch to 2.6.9 with the latest
>>v4l2 first, until 2.6.10 final comes out.  Still reading code right now.
>>
>>There have been a lot of changes to the bttv and cx88 drivers since
>>pcHDTV forked the code for their driver.  It will take a little effort
>>to merge and find the differences.  This is one of the reasons I prefer
>>patches instead of standalone.  It is much easier to take advantage of
>>improvements to the master codebase.
>>

>David,
>
>Thanks for all your work.  I'm a little confused, though, about this
>since dbakker reported on this list a day or two ago that he got pchdtv
>and ivtv working fine with 2.6.9 with no additional patches required.
>Was he just lucky or is there something more to this?

It depends on how new your PVR-250 card is.  The pcHDTV replacement
tuner.ko doesn't support LG TAPE or TCL 2002N tuners which have become
very prevalent the last few months in the newer PVR-250 cards.  There
are also other tuners and many cx88 changes that aren't in there.  So
the HD-3000 probably won't co-exist very well with the newer ATI TV
Wonder cards some people are using with Myth.

--
David