[mythtv-users] Re: Myth and FC3

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Nov 23 12:51:44 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 08:54:07PM -0800, David Rees wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >>
> >> FC3 comes with compat-gcc and compat-gcc-c++ packages (3.3.4), why not
> >> build myth with those for now?
> >
> > Very good idea -- although I'd try to build avifile with 3.3.4 only,
> > there is no C++ involved (I hope).
>
> Cool.  I'm not that familiar with the processing of building RPMs, do you
> need any help getting that going?  I assume that it's a simple config
> change in the spec file that needs to be set...

Of course, help is always welcome (but building avifile/transcode on
FC3 is probably off-topic for mythtv-users, care to join
atrpms-devel?).

I hope it is only a small specfile tweak, pulling in the compat-*
package will not be difficult, and probably setting CC to gcc33 wil be
enough.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net