[mythtv-users] Re: Problems with lirc and PVR-250 on FC2

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 23:01:47 UTC 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:26:54 -0800, Jarod Wilson <jcw at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Monday 22 November 2004 11:56, Lane Schwartz wrote:

> > > You aren't the only one. Not a clue what has changed, it works for me,
> > > but...

> > > I'm running lirc 0.7.0pre7, doing everything else exactly as I wrote.
> >
> > Thanks, Jarod. I have no idea what's the matter, either.
>
> :-(
>
> Have you tried backing off to pre7?
>
> > Earlier in this thread, Christoph Bartelmus suggested that I "Load
> > lirc_i2c in debug mode and check in the logs whether key codes are
> > received by the module."
> >
> > I'm not sure how to do that... waiting for a reply from him. If
> > anybody else knows how, that'd be grand.
>
> I *think* you just need to add a line to modprobe.conf: "options lirc_i2c
> debug=1", unload and reload the module, then try irw. You should get a bunch
> of stuff logged in /var/log/messages for the lirc_i2c module.

Hmm... just tried this. Nothing new shows up in /vor/log/messages.

> > As it stands now, irw just sits there and doesn't show any signs that
> > I'm pressing buttons.
>
> Not good. I thought others having problems were at least getting feedback from
> irw. Do you register any button presses with irrecord?

Just tried this. irrecord doesn't recognize the button presses either.

[root at myth mythtv]# irrecord /tmp/file

Hold down an arbitrary button.
irrecord: gap not found, can't continue

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003