[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pauses (*sigh*)

glen martin glenm at locutory.org
Mon Nov 22 21:54:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 05:51, Matt Vollmar wrote:
>  The best way to tune this is
> to watch TV while running top on another machine.  You will then see how
> much load you are putting on your machine.

How much load is reasonable? I'm getting occasional
prebuffering pauses on a machine that is running
50% plus or minus idle on the front-end, which is
an Epia M10k. Backend is 95+% idle.  I've noticed
a tendency for the pause to cluster around scene
changes though ... or perhaps it is commercial
boundaries. Haven't tested thoroughly.

glen