[mythtv-users] Hardware Encoding

dbakker at arrayasolutions.com dbakker at arrayasolutions.com
Mon Nov 22 20:56:19 UTC 2004

It's already encoded?  How come when I go into the recording profiles
under Hardware HDTV  it asks me if I want to use mpeg4 or rtjpeg for
compession where with my PVR250 card it used Hardware encoding? Does
mythtv have to re-encode the data for HDTV?

HDTV works great with VLC or xine. Mythtv is shaky and i get lots of
mpeg2video errors.

-David

David George <david at thegeorges.us>
Sent by: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
11/22/2004 03:18 PM
Please respond to
Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [mythtv-users] Hardware Encoding

On 11/22/2004 3:00 PM, dbakker at arrayasolutions.com wrote:

>Is there something that does hardware mpeg encoding to disk that anyone
is
>using? EX: I Want my HDTV cards output converted to an mpeg using a
>hardware device.

It's already MPEG2.  No need to encode.

Unless, perhaps, you are talking about NTSC on the HDTV card?  If so,
you want to use a PVR-250 to encode NTSC to mpeg2.

--
David