[mythtv-users] Re: Problems with lirc and PVR-250 on FC2

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:56:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:38:00 -0800, Jarod Wilson <jcw at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Monday 22 November 2004 11:26, Lane Schwartz wrote:
> > As I said, I have already been using Jarod's guide. Also, after
> > following it, I am still having no luck getting lirc to work properly.
> You aren't the only one. Not a clue what has changed, it works for me, but...
> > If you do have lirc working with a Haupauge WinTV PVR-250 and the
> > accompanying grey remote, I would be much obliged if you could post
> > the settings that you use: lirc version, your /etc/modprobe.conf file,
> > and the commands that you use to load lirc modules and to start lircd.
> I'm running lirc 0.7.0pre7, doing everything else exactly as I wrote.

Thanks, Jarod. I have no idea what's the matter, either.

Earlier in this thread, Christoph Bartelmus suggested that I "Load
lirc_i2c in debug mode and check in the logs whether key codes are
received by the module."

I'm not sure how to do that... waiting for a reply from him. If
anybody else knows how, that'd be grand.

As it stands now, irw just sits there and doesn't show any signs that
I'm pressing buttons.

"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003