[mythtv-users] Re: Problems with lirc and PVR-250 on FC2

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:56:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:38:00 -0800, Jarod Wilson <jcw at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Monday 22 November 2004 11:26, Lane Schwartz wrote:
> > As I said, I have already been using Jarod's guide. Also, after
> > following it, I am still having no luck getting lirc to work properly.
>
> You aren't the only one. Not a clue what has changed, it works for me, but...
>
> > If you do have lirc working with a Haupauge WinTV PVR-250 and the
> > accompanying grey remote, I would be much obliged if you could post
> > the settings that you use: lirc version, your /etc/modprobe.conf file,
> > and the commands that you use to load lirc modules and to start lircd.
>
> I'm running lirc 0.7.0pre7, doing everything else exactly as I wrote.

Thanks, Jarod. I have no idea what's the matter, either.

Earlier in this thread, Christoph Bartelmus suggested that I "Load
lirc_i2c in debug mode and check in the logs whether key codes are
received by the module."

I'm not sure how to do that... waiting for a reply from him. If
anybody else knows how, that'd be grand.

As it stands now, irw just sits there and doesn't show any signs that
I'm pressing buttons.

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003