[mythtv-users] CVS: edit/cutlist problems

Mon Nov 22 17:45:15 UTC 2004

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Preston Crow wrote:

> I manually decide when to transcode shows, and I usually do it after
> setting up a cutlist to clip out commercials.  With 0.16, this worked
> great.  With CVS from Nov. 16th and from Nov. 20th, it has problems.
> The only one that is completely consistent is that if I try to move
> backwards by frame, it moves forwards instead.  Playback with a cutlist
> doesn't always work:  Sometimes it handles the cut fine, other times it
> ignores it, and other times it gets stuck in a loop bouncing in about a
> second between the start and end of the cut.
>
> This is with MPEG-2 files from a PVR-250 (recorded at 640x480 at
> 2.25GB/hour); I haven't checked with HDTV or MPEG-4 files, but I'm
> assuming that it's the same.
>
> Let me know if there's something more I can check, or if I should try
> newer CVS.
>
> --PC

I see this with HD material from a HD-3000 card.

I have reported the problem to the DEV list:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/95276

The latest CVS which does not have this problem is from November 11th.  If
you want to grab it, do:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs checkout -D 2004-11-11 mythtv

John