[mythtv-users] myth and macs

Bill Oberman Oberman at BodyMedia.Com
Mon Nov 22 14:24:26 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm getting a new shiny mac (switching from pc's).  My old pc was a dog
(my good hardware was put into making the myth box), so I've never cared
make the machines interact.  How do other people handle their
music/image files?  I'm thinking I'd like to use the mac to manage the
data (assuming this "apple is user friendly" stuff isn't bunk), but I'd
grown used to being able to view/listen to my files from my living room
via myth.  The way I see it, rather than try to synchronize data, I have
to have one machine as the primary data store, and the other connect
over my network.  Does either machine have an advantage as the primary
store?  Please bear in mind that while I'm enough of a linux geek to get
myth running (to the point of compiling things on my own), I'm nowhere
near a power user.

Once I have that issue figured out, is there a preferred way to share
the files?  I assume the unixness of mac would allow such protocols as
NFS, samba, etc...

Last, I see some posts about OSX patches on the dev board.  Does this
mean I could run an "official" frontend on the mac?  Where is this code
compared to the main trunk (0.16 has been fairly stable for me).

Thanks,

william