[mythtv-users] Shuttle SN41G2V2 mythtv box

Pierre nunux-dev at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 22 09:23:48 UTC 2004


Chuck Lloyd wrote:

>I've got a similar setup. (PC2100 vs PC2700) as a frontend.
>I'm running FC2 with Axel Thimm's (AT) packages  and 
>2.6.8-1.521.  
>
>I do have TV-Out (NTSC) and lirc working.
>I do not have a tuner card in that box so I can't say if that is working. 
>I have not tried spidf yet.
>
>The only problem I had was that with KnoppMyth the system
>would hang in the kernel boot if no keyboard was attached. 
>(Yes, BIOS was set to ignore kbd failure.)
>
>The box is a little louder than I hoped. I had priced a fanless EPIA-M
>frontend, but I wasn't sure it would have enough juice for HDTV resolution divx.
>
>Now if I can just get it all on a 512 MB USB key drive. 
>
>On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:20:14 +0000, Jit V <jit_v1 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>  
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>Just wanted to thank everyone that replied to my last post.
>>
>>I've now pretty much decided on the following for my mythtv box:
>>
>>Shuttle SN41G2V2
>>AMD Athlon XP 2600+
>>Crucial 512MB DDR PC2700 (One stick)
>>Seagate Barracuda7200.7+ 160GB UDMA100
>>
>>All for around 350 GBP.
>>
>>Could anyone with a similar spec confirm the following:
>>
>>1. I'll be able to get tv-out working with the nVidia drivers on a 2.6 linux
>>kernel (need 2.6 since I'm going to be using a twinhan dvb card).
>>
>>2. I'll be able to get 5.1 surround sound working out of the spdiff socket.
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>mythtv-users mailing list
>>mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>>http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>>
>>
>>
>>    
>>
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>mythtv-users mailing list
>>mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>>http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>>    
>>

Hi,
I'm running  a similar shuttle set up with a Pinnacle PCTV SAT CI on a 
home made linux box (LFS + DVB + MYTHTV) with native mythtv lirc and 
composite video out. spdiff goes well (using lastest alsa drivers).

Pierre




More information about the mythtv-users mailing list