[mythtv-users] Frequency lists

Franco mythtv at email.it
Sun Nov 21 21:56:11 UTC 2004

> can anybody tell me where the data is stored mentioned in the setup as
> Frequency list (europe-west and so on).
> Are they hardcoded?

No, they are somewhere in the xml hierarchy.
I dealt with them last night - found them using
"locate pal-italy". That will tell you also
where are the other tables...

> I do have to change the values.

Hmmm... yes. After terrible pain, many sleepless nights
and reinstalling everything from scratch a couple of times,
I discovered that the reason I couldn't see the main
Italian TV channel after an apt-get dist-upgrade,
was _NOT_ because of ivtv problems.

The reason was that somebody restricted the italian
frequency table from channel 21 to channel 65 or so,
while the MAIN Italian channel is transmitted
on channels 4, 14 and 74   (so you can imagine how many
useless attempts I made).

I'd be really curious to know WHO and WHY erased the
main Italian TV channel from the italian frequency table!! :-)

Franco