[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pauses (*sigh*)

Dennis Oelkers dennis at lauschmusik.de
Sun Nov 21 12:28:52 UTC 2004

Hello list,

I guess this is a topic which pops up on the list every now and then,
but it is the last thing
that disturbs my tv experience using mythtv. :)

On my newly built MythTV-box everything seems to run fine, besides the
fact that I get
prebuffering pauses when watching live tv _or_ recordings every minute
(min/max interval
is 30s/2mins), which is quite annoying.

- The hdd has DMA enabled, so that's not the cause.

- The hardware seems to be rather oversized than undersized (P4 2.4ghz
(prescott), 512mb
ram, samsung 160gb sata drive, a bt878 (*yuck*), all in a pundit r (->
radeon 9100 igp
running with the stock xorg 6.7.0 drivers, not the ati ones)).

Anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of this?

Kind regards,
             Dennis Oelkers