[mythtv-users] HD3000 50% working -- blank mythfrontend on some chans

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Sat Nov 20 15:51:56 UTC 2004

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 08:36:46AM -0500, Doug Larrick wrote:
> >dtvsignal.  For now, I'll be ignoring those two stations.  Here are my
> >results with mythfrontend:
>
> Did you use an HD-2000 before, or is this your first foray into Myth-HD?

This is my first attempt at Myth HDTV.

Also, on the sound issue -- my sound seems to have completely gone awy
since installing the pcHDTV card.  I guess I'll have to open the thing
up and make sure I didn't bump anything, but I am usually very careful
and would be quite surprised if I had.

> You might try current CVS (if you're not) or DTK's HDTV recorder patch
> from here: <http://www.mrl.nyu.edu/~danielk/mythtv/>, which is a big
> overhaul of the ATSC backend.

OK, I will.  Are these patches integrated into CVS?

> >with an occasional fraction of a second blip.  Strange thing is, CBS
> >analog broadcasts from the same tower and is the strongest station I
> >get.  WB broadcasts from a location close to (or the same as?) FOX.
>
> They may be in the same location, but they are different frequencies
> with different licensed power.  What part of the country are you in?
> You might check the AVS forums <http://www.avsforum.com/>; there's one
> specifically for HDTV reception with threads for different cities.

I'm in the Wichita, KS area.  They don't seem to have much on that, but
I'll keep looking.