[mythtv-users] Display YUV on RGB *without* remapping

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sat Nov 20 13:47:55 UTC 2004

 	Hey all... I've got yet another hair-brained scheme to get good
tvout on the cheap.  I know that Xv is generally used to play video since
MPEG data is YUV but the output is RGB.  Has anyone ever seen a driver
setting/hack to send YUV data *directly* out the RGB?  Many cards can do
sync-on-green, so with the Y data on the G channel and the other two on
the R&B, one could get component video *directly* from a VGA card.
Something like:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3759&item=5140297013&rd=1
is all that would be necessary.

 	It'd be great if the 2D X driver would do such a thing as well,
but video should be somewhat simpler since no transformation is necessary.
Does Xv provide anything else besides color transformation and hardware
scaling?

Food for thought...

-Cory