[mythtv-users] Re: SA 3250?

Calvin Gorriaran calvin at houstonns.com
Sat Nov 20 07:29:39 UTC 2004

Just wanted to mention that I ended up spending 20 minutes and less than 5
dollars at the local radio shack making a simple IR transmitter. Anyone
messing around with a IR-200l, you are wasting your time. Its not worth
the fustration. I suck at soldering and had it up and running the first
try.

These are the only parts you need from (thanks jds-myth!at!losdos.dyndns.org)...

276-1538 - Connector, 9-Position Female Solder D-Sub
276-1122 - Diode, Pkg10 1N914/4148
271-1328 - Resistor, Pkg5 3.3Kohm 1/4 Watt
276-0143 - LED, IR 940nm, 5mm dia.

Here is a picture of what it looks like with and without the cleanup...

http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/1-ir_transmitter.jpg
http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/2a-ir_transmitter.jpg