[mythtv-users] HD3000 50% working -- blank mythfrontend on some chans

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Sat Nov 20 06:23:41 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've installed my fresh HD3000 on my system and got it working with
MythTV.  I have quite a few stations in my area, and all but two of them
consistently have a signal quality greater than 90% according to
dtvsignal.  For now, I'll be ignoring those two stations.  Here are my
results with mythfrontend:

NBC: crashes mythfrontend 80% of time; other 20% makes it hang
PBS: video fine, no audio
ABC: black screen only in frontend; backend log looks fine;
     OSD doesn't work until change channel to working station
FOX: same as ABC
UPN: video fine, no audio, but only if I was tuned to PBS first

(CBS and WB are the ones with a 0 signal quality)

Now I'm going to put aside the audio questions for now and just focus
on, to start with, the problems with NBC, ABC, and FOX.  Has anybody
else seen these symtoms before?

I'm running MythTV 0.16 on Debian sid, using the .debs for it.  I have
an Athlon XP 3000+ CPU (which doesn't seem to be over-taxed at all).

On the CBS and WB front -- dtvsignal shows a mostly 0 signal quality,
with an occasional fraction of a second blip.  Strange thing is, CBS
analog broadcasts from the same tower and is the strongest station I
get.  WB broadcasts from a location close to (or the same as?) FOX.

So I am puzzled there.  Anyone else seen that behavior before?

Thanks,

John

Suggestions would be quite welcome.

Thanks,