[mythtv-users] CVS: commerical skipping gone psycho

Sat Nov 20 06:00:42 UTC 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Friday 19 November 2004 10:13 pm, John Patrick Poet wrote:
>

>>I upgraded to the latest CVS again tonight, hoping that this problem
>>would go away.  It did not.  I have some more accurate information.
>>
>>When editing the cutlist, JUMPing to the *next* cutpoint always works.
>>JUMPing to the "prev" cutpoint never works.
>>
>>Moving to the *next* frame always works.  Moving to the "prev" frame
>>always causes the position to move to the *next* frame instead.
>>
>>When watching the show, I believe the loop I described above where it
>>bounced between the end of the commercial and the beginning, only
>>happens if the SKIP button is pressed in a situation where the resulting
>>position would be in a commercial break.
>>
>>Is anyone else seeing this?
>>

>Just to verify, you're not getting any sql errors from the frontend?
>
>Isaac

Nope, no errors at all from the frontend, at least without turning on
some version of verbose.

When I said that moving to the prev frame, actually moves to the next
frame, that should have been moves forward *two* frames.

JUMPing to the previous cutpoint works as long as the current position
is not a cutpoint.  Makes me think that when trying to JUMP to the
previous cutpoint, it is actually moving a couple of frames forward,
then seeking backwards for the cutpoint -- so it ends up at the same place.

The problem is definitely with playback, and not recording.  I recorded
some shows tonight using the latest CVS.  I have installed versions of
the CVS on my frontend machine going back to November 13th which exhibit
the problem.  If I go back to November 10th, on my frontend machine, the
problem goes away.  So, somewhere between the 10th and the 13th, this
problem was introduced.  I will install CVS versions from the 11th and
12th to try and narrow down the time frame.

Isaac, thanks for looking at this.

John