[mythtv-users] Force Prebuffering Pause How To

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Fri Nov 19 10:59:59 UTC 2004

belcampo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think this issue has more than one reason. There are the sound related ones,
> here is something I think points in the right direction:
>
> www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-hw2.html
>
> and there are X-related ones, I think. Several people incl. myself notice X
> using 80 - 90% when scrolling through myth-music. This you don't have when
> using Xfree86 and the VESA driver of it. It then scrolls superfast.
>
> Henk Schoneveld

I've played a little with latency setting. On the pundit-r the videocard
latency is set by default to 256 wich is high. Changing that value in
BIOS has no influence on that so you'll have to set it at boottime.

You can try lowering it to 64 and see if that changes your problem in
the music tree.

try : "setpci -s1:5.0 latency_timer=40"

Steven