[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashes

Andrew Plumb aplumb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 04:29:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:51:21 -0800, glen martin <glenm at locutory.org> wrote:
[deletia]
> This is interesting, in that I've got the lvm and raid
> in between the backend and the real disc. So cpu challenges
> become filesystem bandwidth problems. Hrrrm. Need to rethink
> this perhaps (or make damn good and sure I never get close
> to pegging the cpu). May be implications for transcoding
> (which I'm not doing presently, but likely will in future).
[rest deletia]

Hi Glen,

It seems that more often than not, I get those "needed 1 bufs for
stream 0" messages right around/at the time a given recording cuts out
and the backend seizes up.

What's kind of strange is that playback remains unaffected; I was
watching a recorded show this last time when it appears the recording
gave out.  I only discovered it when I went to delete what I just
watched and the backend refused.  After restarting the backend, then
the front end ('cause it gets into a hung state when this happens)
everything appeared to be back to normal.

Still haven't found out what those hundreds of "ivtv: VIM Restart"
entries that I'm seeing in /var/log/messages mean.  I get anywhere
between 5 and 20 per minute for the duration over which it's
recording.

Andrew.

--

If you don't know what to do, do something.