[mythtv-users] When does nvram-wakeup run?

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 21:28:39 UTC 2004

I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to set nvram-wakeup to automatically wake
my Myth box up.

I can successfully run nvram-wakeup as root from the command line.
Doing so will set the BIOS wakeup time, and if I shut down, the box
will wake up at the assigned time.

Here's the command I use to set wakeup for 10 mins from now:

[root at myth root]# nvram-wakeup -s $((`date +%s` + 10 * 60))

I can't seem to get Myth to run nvram-wakeup.

I have set the values in mythtvsetup as follows:

Wakeup time format: time_t
Set wakeuptime command: nvram_wakeup -s $time

Myth never seems to set the wakeup time. Does anyone know when it
should be set? Or better, can anyone share their working configuration

"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003