[mythtv-users] Preserving HDTV AC3 audio stream whilst transcoding

Joe Barnhart joebarnhart at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 17:41:11 UTC 2004

--- Preston Crow <pc-mythtv04 at crowcastle.net> wrote:

> I'm running Gentoo with everything optimized for my
> CPU (athlon-xp
> 2500+), and it plays HDTV fine.  I've heard others
> report that you need
> something more powerful, and I've always suspected
> that the combination
> of the latest gcc and the processor optimizations
> were critical to my
> success.

As I recall you are viewing the output at something
less than 1920x1080i resolution.  Couldn't this be a
factor?  The full 1920x1080i output requires something
like 1.5Gbps at the video card.  I could not find any
combination of compiler opts that would make my Athlon
2800 play 1080i smoothly.

Do You Yahoo!?