[mythtv-users] mythbackend "hangs"/stops recording

Christopher N. Deckard cnd at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Nov 18 18:51:56 UTC 2004

Hello,
I've been working on getting MythTV working on some new Athlon64
hardware under Debian unstable.  The backend is started at boot time,
and runs fine for a while, but it seems that after a while, whether it
has recorded something or not, it will stop recording programs.  It also
stops doing commercial detection.

Occasionally it will not create the preview image seen on the MythWeb
recorded programs interface.  On other occasions I will get a message
"waiting for a thread.." and the backend is completely non-responsive.
Upon restarting the backend, everything is fast, and it'll normally
create the preview image right away.

Sent an email about this a couple weeks ago and got no response.  Any
help or pointers or suggestions would be useful.  The startup script was
running the backend as the mythtv user.  I changed it to be run as root,
but it still has problems.

-Chris