[mythtv-users] New HD3000 drivers

David George david at thegeorges.us
Thu Nov 18 17:30:57 UTC 2004

On 11/18/2004 11:48 AM, Brandon Beattie wrote:

[snip]

>I'll post the information here along with the maillist to join if you are
>interested in following or helping driver work.

I'll be able to help with driver work as soon as my HD3000 comes in.
Still waiting for it.

[snip]

>Another goal will be to get the driver
>accepted into the kernel.

This is needed.  As it stands now there will be tuner number conflicts,
especially with the newer Hauppauge PVR cards.  A first step will be to
get the tuner info to the v4l list and let kraxel get it into v4l so we
don't have to worry about the tuner number getting used by something
else.  Then maybe we can look at what it will take to get it into the
kernel.

One of the first things I was going to do was to make a patch against
2.6.9 so we won't have conflicting modules (maybe 2.6.10 will be out by
then).

--
David