[mythtv-users] No sound in some recordings

Chris chasejunk at optonline.net
Thu Nov 18 04:35:36 UTC 2004

I have the same problem.  When watching live TV, if I change the channel
the sound comes on. I have a lot of recordings that don't have sound.
After getting an episode or two of West Wing with no sound my wife is
not recording with the VCR as a backup.  WAF is going down.

  This seemed to happen after I did a distribution updagte, so I assume
it is a driver issue.

As a work around, I use a cronjob to unmute the driver.  I was doing it
every half hour, but sometimes that didn't work if I was watching
something else at the same time.  So now I do it every minute in my crontab.

* * * * * ivtvctl -y mute=0 > /dev/null

I am going to try upgrading ivtv soon to see if the problem gets fixed.

Chris