[mythtv-users] Videos play twice

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Thu Nov 18 04:30:24 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 15:41 -0800, jack wrote:
> Interesting, I get the same thing but with xine. So I know it's not xine or
> mplayers fault now. I did look briefly through my database settings to see
> if anything stood out that might be causing a problem but nothing did.
>
> It's annoying but obviously not annoying enough for me to have done
> something about it yet =p

I had a similar experience in which after nearly every video i watched
MythTV would then decide to play the very first video in the database.
After much frustration I finally determined that the bug only occurs if
the video you are watching is not in the database (because it was added
since the last time you went into the Video Manager and let it update
the DB.)

This bug happens to me with both 0.16 and the current CVS code so the
bug is still there. Unfortunately I don't know where to begin tracking
it down as I'm still trying to learn my way around the source code.

--
Joshua M. Thompson <funaho at jurai.org>