[mythtv-users] MythVideo using Internal player

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Nov 18 04:16:06 UTC 2004

James Pifer wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 15:29, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>

>>On Wednesday 17 November 2004 15:05, James Pifer wrote:
>>

>>>Wondering if anyone has experienced this. I used vobcopy to rip a
>>>home video DVD to a single vob file. If I try to play this using
>>>mythvideo using the Internal player the audio and video play very
>>>quickly, like the chipmunks are doing the voice. If I play it with
>>>mplayer it plays fine.
>>>
>>>I prefer using the Internal player. Is there anything I can do to
>>>adjust the mpeg so the Internal player is happy with it? I also tried
>>>using avidemux2 to chop up the vob file, re-saving the sections as
>>>DVD PS, but I get the exact same results.

Here's an interesting note.  I was playing around trying to get AC3
passthrough to work with my soundcard and found that if I played the VOB
file with OSS emulation it played fast like in the Myth Internal Player
but if I played it with the ALSA output device, it worked fine.

Are you using an ALSA output device in Myth, not OSS emulation?

Kevin