[mythtv-users] ROMs missing from MythGame list

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 16:40:55 UTC 2004

I've got a folder full of SNES roms, with MythGame configured to see
that folder.

When I browse the list of roms in MythGame, many of the roms show up,
but not all of them. Has this happened to anyone else?

It's really annoying, esp since Super Mario Allstars is one of the
games that doesn't show up.

Note: I can play the missing roms if I launch snes9x manually from the
terminal. A weird twist is that when I launch Super Mario Allstars
using snes9x in fullscreen mode from the terminal, I hear the music,
but don't see anything. If I hit ESC to go back to windowed mode, I
can see the game and play it like normal.

In other news, I still can't play any NES roms from inside MythGame.
They all show up in the list, but are greyed out, and I can't launch
any of them. They also play with no problems using fceu-sdl from the
command line.

The NES problem was discussed, with no resolution, in this thread:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/94167?search_string=mythgame;#94167

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003